Monday, November 2, 2009

Our new ponds

Good Morning Everyone.
 Thought I would share with you our wonderful little family ponds. These ponds have been two years in the making and I am glad to say that they are finally done~kind of. We still need to fill in some of the gaps between the stones with bark chips. This started out when my younger son, then 12, needed a family project for his Family Life merit badge in Boy Scouts. You wouldn't think something so small would take so long, but it did!! We just kept putting off finishing it.I just love it!! Now I will have to wait until Spring to enjoy it as Tim has removed the pump so it doesn't freeze.

Stephen (youngest) wants to add fish next year. I like the idea, but you all know who will be taking care of those fish~me. I have the next two days off & a craft show in less than 2 weeks, so I better try to get something done today. Enjoy your day!!

Hugs~Becky

2 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

That is so nice! I vote for the fish. *Taking cover now. lol*

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Very nice!!! :)
awh...I say get some fish...they pretty much take care of themselves :) all ya have to is throw 'em some food! Mine stay in the pond year round...as long as the pond is 18+ inches deep and there is an opening in the ice, they will survive the winter...easiest 'pet' there is! ;)
Good luck with your craft show.
Have a great week!