Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain~Redo & Hoosier for Sale

Happy Tuesday friends. I'm linking up with Misi today at 1890 Gable House Musings for today's display chain. This weeks theme is redo.

This is what I am working on redoing. I made the lamp shade from a plain white shade. Wove this wool basket & stitched on some berries & vines. The base is an old spool that someone had made into a lamp. As you can see, I still need to remove the apple & sand off the red paint.


And after checking out some other bloggers offerings, I decided to redo the tops of some of my things. I was so excited to be redoing some things, that I forgot the "before" pics until after I had everything ripped apart.

This is the top of a cabinet in my living room. Decided to put a bunch of my Rowe pottery in one place instead of having it spread throughout the house.


This shelf is on the wall in my dining room. Before it was just a hodge podge of different things. I decided to add most of my old bobbin collection to it.


Redid the top of my pie safe in my sewing room. This used to hold my bobbin collection. I like the simplified look here.


This little stand sits on a small table in my sewing room. This is a new addition. I added some pinkeeps & the rest of my bobbin collection here.


Here is the Hoosier cabinet I'm selling. The blue cupboard took it's place & while I love the Hoosier, I no longer have a home for it. It would have to be picked up, but if you're looking for a hoosier & live close to Milwaukee, Wisconsin (or are interested in a road trip) shoot me an email & we'll talk.


Make sure to head over to Misi's blog to check out what others have redone.

I'm off to tech school with #1 son for a required meeting about his upcoming classes.

Have a wonderful day!!

Thank you to all who commented to wish me a Happy Birthday!!

Becky

11 comments:

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Becky,
Happy belated birthday...sounds like you spent it just how you wanted too. Good for you! :)

Love your bobbins & bonnets, the bunny rug, the lampshade, and the little white stand-I've never seen a table top one. So much eye candy here. Thanks for sharing you home Becky!
Rhonda

tamera-country at heart said...

I love how you re-done your displays. Sometimes we just need a little refreshing with spring around the corner. It's nice to use what we have in different ways. Looks like you did it. Good job. The hoosier will make someone a nice prim display piece. Hope you have luck selling it.
Tamera
Country at heart

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Very nice displays Becky!! I love all your bobbins and bonnets!! Love that Hoosier!!
Have a great evening.
Blessings,
Lorna

Penny said...

Love the bunny rug -- the colors look great with your new arrangement. The bobbins look so nice on the shelf with the 'bobbin' sign. Love your make-over of the lampshade -- it will be so pretty when finished. Good luck with the sale of your hoosier -- I'm sure it will go fast!

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your displays Becky, you are sooo talented, I love the blue cabinet, but I think you should keep the hoosier too. I love the lampshade. Lecia

lilraggedyangie said...

I love your displays , great re-do's ! Thanks for sharing . The shelf with the bobbins and bonnets is Gorgeous! Enjoy your evening!
hugs
lil raggedy angie

renee said...

Love your displays! I have some things I am working on now. Your Hoosier is neat, maybe you could keep it and just switch them out every now and then.
I donated my hoosier to Habitat for Humanity, I do understand the need for change too.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Renee

Traci said...

Hi Becky... boy, I wish PA wasn't so far away from WI, not that I have room for it either but I like your hoosier...

Love the lamp shade idea, your other displays look wonderful...

Blessings, Traci

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Your lamp shade make over is perfect! Now how in the world did you weave that basket!!!!! Lovely.

P.S.
Sorry I didn't get here Monday to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Karen

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Becky
love the bonnets & the bobbin displays so pretty Oh, of course the rowe pottery is beautiful~
smiles
Teresa

~Madalynne~ said...

Great redo's Becky! I especially like the shelf with the pinkeeps.