Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowball blocks and a sneak peak...




Happy Wednesday everyone!!  I have to show you what I have been working on the last couple of Mondays. I have been working on a snowball quilt. I love the snowball block, but do not enjoy making them. They are easy to make, just time consuming. I need 256 total blocks to make my quilt. I started out with 128 large dark squares and 128 large light squares of fabric. Then I needed the small corner squares~so I cut 512 small light squares and 512 small dark squares. Then I had to draw a diagonal line across all 1024 little squares.
Then it was time to sew the small squares to the big squares.
Next you cut off all four corners of the block and press the seams open.
After all that cuttin, sewin, cuttin again and pressing, you end up with 256 finished blocks. Now comes the fun part~laying them out on the floor and sewing the blocks all together. I hope to have this done by Friday but I have to work, so we'll see.
In the meantime, here is a sneak peak of Cody's Eagle Scout quilt. I finished quilting it yesterday. All I have to do to finish it is rip off all the stencil paper and sew on the binding. I hope to have this finished by the week end. I will show the finished project as soon as it's completed.

I best get crackin!! I have a lot to finish up and need to check out what you wonderful ladies have been up to before shuttin down the ole computer. Have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Hugs~Becky

1 comment:

TeresaM said...

WOW!!! That's a lot of blocks! Your son's eagle quilt is a wonderful keepsake!