Friday, April 9, 2010

Busy Week



Thought I would post a quick update of what I've been working on this week. First up is this sunflower table mat. It is made from my collection of hand dyed wools. I just love how this turned out. The pattern for this wonderful mat came from the book Autumn Gatherings by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. If you are a fan of Fall, you will love this book. It has many wonderful projects.


Next up is this wallhanging. I completed the top yesterday. It is red & brown (hard to see in the picture) and is another of my favorites. Now I just need to quilt it.


This next project is something I've been working on in the evenings when the household quiets down. It is a nice way to finish the day. Cross stitch is my new addiction. The pattern for this is a freebie. Betty  is a kind soul who offers freebies to anyone who wishes to use them. I'm not sure how I want to finish this yet. Any ideas?


It has been a dark and dreary week here. We've had 2 days of rain and woke up to snow yesterday. Today we have the sun and it is wonderful.

 Tuesday was a day off & I decided to make a trip to the local (only 30 minute drive) antique mall. I found this old quilt & just had to have it. It has some stains & rips, but I love blue & white, so it came home with me. It will make a nice display piece.


I am off this whole week end and I am so looking forward to it.

Here's to a great week end!!
Becky

No comments: