Friday, April 23, 2010

Some Finishes and Flowers

Happy Friday everyone!! I hope you all have had a great week. Mine was busy, busy, busy. I had to work all week this week, but I have the week end off. Yippee!! Too bad it's supposed to rain. I didn't get much finished this week. I had Scout related meetings 2 nights this week. One night I worked. Another night I helped Cody get his invitations addressed & mailed out for his Eagle Ceremony. Tonight I will be baking cookies for a Scout campout. Stephen, the younger of my two boys will be going on a campout next week end & I'm the cookie mom. It's cool here today, so I'll do the baking & freeze the cookies until next week. I'm baking while it is cool. You never know what Wisconsin weather will bring~it may be in the 80's next week & I don't want to be making cookies when it's hot.

I did manage to get some stitching done this week. First up is a prim stitched Spring picture. I stitched it using a freebie pattern from primitivebettys . I used 18 count Aida and various colors of Valdani pearl cotton. The frame is painted soldier blue with a basecoat of burgandy. I rubbed some Colonial Walnut Minwax stain on it to prim it up a little. It is hanging in my downstairs powder room for the Spring season.


I'm loving those fabric covered boxes that I'm seeing on everyone's blogs so I decided to make one for myself. I covered a paper mache box with a nice blue fabric & stitched up the same freebie design. This time I made my tulip red instead of blue. I stained the finished piece & mounted it to the top of my box. Love how this turned out.


Picture of finished goodies on the wall in my powder room.


This pinkeep was stitched from another freebie from Betty over at primitive bettys. This comes from her May Day freebie.


Another pinkeep.


The last of the projects I want to show you is this Eagle ornament I made for Cody's Eagle Scout ceremony. I adapted a pattern that I already had to make this little eagle. He is made of painted and primmed up muslin and mounted on an old clothespin. His banner has Cody's name and date he became an Eagle Scout. I'm going to make a bunch of them for table decorations & then the guests can take them home as a keepsake. What do you think? Is this a good idea?


Because the sun was out today and it was fairly warm when I got home from work, I decided to walk around my yard and show some pics of my Spring flowers.
 First up are some daffodils.


Next up are the tulips. We have tons of tulips. They are Tim's favorites.



My lilacs are just starting to bloom. I can't wait for these. They smell SO good!!


Violets.


Bleeding hearts.


Hope you enjoyed the little flower tour. Please let me know what you think of the Eagles. Have a wonderful week end!!

Hugs~Becky



1 comment:

primitivebettys said...

Goodness Becky! You have been one busy gal! Everything looks so LOVELY! Your flowers are gorgeous too! :)

Thank you for sharing... I'll be sharing these on Friday! Have a great weekend!

Smiles,

Betty