Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Decorating Preview

I've finally started to decorate for Christmas~so here is a preview of the first room I've finished. This is my half bath on the main level. It is also the smallest room in the house, therefore the easiest to finish. This first pic is a little tree in an old cabinet drawer sitting on my grungy red chair. Notice my little angel on the lower left of the tree~it's the first item from my swap partner Beth that found it's home.A nice little wooden sampler pic I bought years ago and still love...
One of the first samplers I made and framed, along with a little peg shelf also made by me. Don't you just love the little mouse in the basket with his stocking. I was going to sell him after I made him, but decided I loved him too much to part with him.
My little Christmas tree in an old tobacco can. I loved making the little stockings. Quilt is also my creation.
I bought this bowl rack from ebay a couple of years ago and it's one of my favorite things. It came with the two small bowls on top & the black bowl on the bottom shelf. It holds just  a few of my many bowls. I have a bowl fixation! LOL!!
This shelf sits above my sink. I bought it quite a few years ago at a flea market for $1. Hubby just shook his head when I came in the house with it. It's got a nice crusty finish~just what I like!! The little crock is from the Rowe pottery seconds sale. I don't know where Powellville is, but it only cost $1. The snowman came from a craft show & is made from paper mache. I'm told the little brown jug was an old canning jar~I don't know if this is true, but it had to come home with me. I can see it filled with all kinds of goodies for each season/holiday.

Hope you enjoyed the tour~more to come in the next few days.
Have a great day~Becky

No comments: