Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Valentine Display Chain

Today I am taking part in Misi's display chain over at 1890 Gable House Musings. Each week a new theme is announced & everyone who wants to participate joins in. This is my first time posting pics, but I have followed along for a while. It's a wonderful place to get awesome decorating ideas. This week's theme is Valentines. First up is a little doll bed I have filled with some heart pillows & a couple of wooden bowls. It sits on a basket quilted runner that I made last year.


This is my tree that I like to decorate for each season. It has red & white basket ornies, prim hand made hearts made from an antique quilt, & love letter ornies.


A closer shot of my tree.


A wooden bowl of prim hand made hearts sit on top of another of my quilts.


Little mouse is looking for love.


Simple wool felt heart pocket filled with pip berries & a prim candle. This hangs in my powder room.


This little display greets my friends when they come to visit. It sits on a little cabinet right across from my front door. This sits on another of my little red & white quilts.


Hope you all enjoyed the displays.To check out what others have done, check out Misi's blog. Thanks Misi for hosting & allowing us to share our ideas.

My computer came back today & seems to be working ok. Yippee!! I'm back~no more waiting & begging for a few minutes of computer time. Thank you all for visiting & for your wonderful comments.

I'm off to see what others have done for Valentines decorating.

Becky

14 comments:

1890* said...

Oh my goodness!!Phenomenal quilted pieces..I am having the best time viewing your beauties! Oh it's a candy shop of colors and patterns* THE BEST!
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful collections & joining the chain.
I look forward to seeing more of you Becky..oh my goodness where have you been!
Stitching Bliss to you, Misi

Patti said...

WOW..I love everything..WOW....WIsh I had such talent.AWESOME!!!!
Patti

A Primitive Homestead said...

I love how you added red & white quilts to your Valentine displays. So glad you have your own computer all to your self again. Thats fun. Blessings!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad you finally got your computer back.Love all the display especially the heart pocket and quilt hearts.Thanks for sharing!Warm Blessings!~Amy

purensimple-Theresa said...

Awesome ♥'s. Your tree is perfect. I love all your displays and so glad you joined in the display chain.
hugs Theresa

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Very nice...love the quilted hearts on your tree!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

So glad you joined in!
Wonderful>> yes>>just simply wonderful displays!
THe doll bed filled is just precious!
The mouse, what a cutie!
enjoy the evening!
Teresa

busybee said...

love the tree! too cute! :)

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Becky Jean, OMG!!! lOVE, love, love the doll cradle.... the tree with the heart, adorable, love your quilt too!!! OLM

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Becky,
I just LOVE your Valentine tree...what a great collection or ornaments! And those little quilted hearts are perfection. Thanks so much for sharing your home with us. :)
Rhonda

Audrey said...

Great job,so glad you joined in the fun.

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Becky,
love all the Valentine decorations. It all looks fantastic.
Sabrina

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

I love all your displays!! The tree and the old quilt hearts are just awesome!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Anonymous said...

Love your Valentine's displays Becky...especially your tree ornies!! I love that pocket heart with the grubby taper! Very cute!!
patti