Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Display Chain~ Stitched or Sewn with Love

Once again, I'm taking part in Misi's display chain. This week's theme is Stitched or Sewn with Love. I have lots of things I could share, but decided to stick with my three favorites.

Both the rabbit & prairie doll were made for me by my mom. I am so grateful to still have her in my life. The prairie doll is one of my all time favorite gifts.


This quilt was one of the quilt tops that I finished a couple of years ago. I have a bad habit of making the quilt tops & then not putting them together & quilting them.
I sew each week with a small group of ladies. One is my mom & another I call my second mom. Two years ago they "borrowed" this quilt top (without me knowing) & finished it for me. It was a wonderful surprise & I am so thankful to both of them. It is beautiful!!

Please excuse the crappy pics~I can't seem to take a good one. The colors are much richer than pictured in all my pics. And does anyone know what this white circle is in this pic (bottom left side of quilt)?


This final picture is the quilt I made for my son upon completion of his Eagle Scout project. It took my 6 months to make, but I love how it turned out. Again~excuse the washed out pic.


To see other wonderful postings, head over to Misi's blog. You won't be disappointed.

Hugs~Becky

13 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Becky
the doll & bunny so adorable!
The quilts are beautiful, wonderful job with them the coloring & work fantastic!
enjoy your evening, thanks for sharing!
Teresa

TeresaM said...

I really love your quilt!!! A great job on your sons quilt as well! It's wonderful to have a mom that you can share your love of sewing and quilting with!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Becky, Love the quilts...love that your mom "stoled"it and finished it for you!
Though my fav, as a mom of a Eagle Scout as well.. The Eagle, Oh my, it's sooo wonderful!!!! Congrats on a Eagle, It's a lot of work!!! OLM

purensimple-Theresa said...

What beautiful treasures from your Mom! So glad you can share such a wonderful talent with her and your second mom! You are making beautiful memories!
Have a super evening...hugs Theresa

Penny said...

Such a talented family -- love all the items you have shared!

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow Becky, you are soooo talented and I see where you get it from your mom!!! I love the things she made, and love, love your quilts!!!

Ann said...

Becky, The quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I have the same problem with putting the tops together and never quilting them! Send your Mom and her friend over - I'll leave the front door unlocked! LOL. ~Ann

~Madalynne~ said...

Great pieces Becky! I love the quilt with the Eagle! My SIL was an Eagle Scout . . . they grow into such wonderful men. Thanks for sharing.

A Primitive Homestead said...

The quilts are beautiful. I have a bad habit of making the quilt top & not quilting them. I have two tops done that need quilted & another quilt started. Well I have a soft spot for dolls. I make them. Your doll is beautiful. sometimes I get those white spots in my photos. Not sure why. Blessings!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Becky,
What wonderful gifts of love you have from your Mom! I love that your two Mommas finished your quilt...how sweet is that?
My Mom-in-law is an avid quilter and sewed quilts for both our "eagles" using all the patches they earned in scouts. The boys sure treasure those blankets, as I'm sure your son treasures his! It's really beautiful. :)
Thanks for sharing your photos!
Rhonda

BumbleBeeLane said...

Becky~ That eagle quilt is the nicest quilt I ever saw.Love it!~Amy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

I love the quilts. You did a wonderful job. The doll and bunny are adorable.
Blessings,
Lorna

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Becky, love the doll from your mom, what a great gift. Your Quilts are beautiful, you do a great job with them. Thanks for sharing
Happy Wednesday
Sabrina