Monday, January 3, 2011

Working on Mixer Cover & Antique Mall Goodies

Happy Monday. Today is a good day as it is a day off from work. I'm starting to take down my Christmas decorations & am trying to finish painting my mixer cover. I started by basecoating it black.


I just added a coat of chocolate brown paint & am waiting for it to dry. What do you think so far?


When it drys, it will get sanded & I'll finish it off with a dark walnut stain. I'll make sure to show you the finished product when it's done.
If you all remember, my hubby & I went to the antique mall on Saturday. I didn't find much~just this little seed bag.


I also found this little green painted box. I'm not sure where it will end up yet, but i just love old boxes.


Hubby found a nutcracker to add to his evergrowing collection & some kind of fishing gadget. We had a good time junking together.

I'm off to check out some blogs. My computer was shipped off again. Hopefully they will fix it this time. It's sad to say, but I think I will have to start shopping for a new laptop. I am so disappointed with my Dell. It is just 1 year old & this is the second time I had to ship it off to be fixed. I had to argue with them for over an hour to get them to agree to fix it. It was out of warranty by 1 week (even though the problem was the same thing the supposedly fixed a little over a month ago). Sorry~had to vent!! Thanks for listening(er reading)!!
Now on a better note~I'll be visiting some of your blogs soon cuz the boy is working till 10 tonight!! Yippee~I can hog is computer!!

Have a wonderful Monday evening~Becky



3 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

That is a great seed bag. Your mixer cover is much like the cover I built for my sewing machine. Waht a wonderful gift. Blessings!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Becky,I love the cover... please post a picture once it is finished... my dad made me a cover like this for my kitchen aid mixer and I love it.
Happy New Year
Sabrina

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your mixer cover Becky, you did an awesome job, you are so talented. I love everything that you do. Sorry you are having computer problems. Have a great day!!! Lecia