Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Sunday & a Redo

Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful week end. I've been busy cleaning and getting ready to host my sewing group tomorrow. I did manage to finish up a couple of projects. I'm taking a few minutes between mopping floors and doing dishes to show one of the things I finished today.  I bought this little cabinet at a local antique mall a couple months ago for $5.

After scuffing up the finish, I painted it a flat black.

Rubbed it with some wax and painted over the black with black cherry.

Rubbed some more wax on & painted camel.  Sanded for that wonderful prim look & stained with Minwax colonial walnut stain.  I put the original knob back on and had hubby hang it up in my kitchen.  I just love how it turned out. I'm not sure about what I have on this little cabinet. I'm looking for ideas & would love to have your input on what should go on this little cabinet.  What do you think would look nice on this?  I think I'll go check out some other blogs for ideas.

Until next time~
Becky

No comments: