Monday, January 25, 2010

A quilting we will go...



I had a wonderful day today. It was my turn to host our weekly sewing group. I didn't have to go out in the cold and I got to sew with a great group of ladies. This is my mom showing off her little Tree of Life block. This is going to be a little quilt. There are only 6 blocks in the whole quilt, but it sure has plenty of pieces. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it is done in all fall colors. It will be gorgeous when it is finished. Love her face~she wanted to know why I was taking pictures. I just smiled!!



This next pic is Joyce at her sewing machine. She is making placemats. She embroidered fall leaves on each one. Her taste isn't as prim as mine, but these were wonderful anyway!!

The little quilt top is mine.  I finished putting it together today.  Now I have to quilt it. Colors are red, black, and tan. I can't wait to finish it.

We had a wonderful lunch of soup & salad and for dessert we had this Raspberry Chocolate Trifle. Yummy!! Cody's girlfriends mom had a Pampered Chef party and I had to have their trifle bowl, so I decided to treat the girls to a tasty dessert.  Recipe below. This is very easy to make!!

Raspberry Chocolate Trifle

2 Cups cold milk
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 frozen pound cake (thawed)
2 cups raspberries (I used frozen & thawed them)
1 cup raspberry jam
1 8oz. cool whip

Make pudding according to package directions. Set aside.
Cut pound cake into 1" cubes. Place 1/2 in bottom of your glass bowl. Set aside other half for later.  Stir together raspberries & jam. Spoon 1/2 of this mixture onto cake cubes in bowl. Top with half of the prepared pudding. Top pudding with half of the cool whip. Repeat all layers. Chill until ready to serve.

This is super simple. No cooking required unless you want to bake your own pound cake.

Our family will be leaving this Friday evening for a vacation in Florida. We will be going to Disney. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip for us. This will probably be our last family vacation in a long time. We are excited but also sad. Cody will be turning eighteen on February 11th and is wanting to do his own thing, so I'm not sure if there will be any more vacations in the future. We are taking the boys out of school & will be driving down. We're going to spend 5 days in the parks & them head back home. Hoping the weather stays warm down there.

I sure am going to miss checking out my favorite blogs as the computer will not be traveling with us. I plan on spending the whole first day back checking out what I've missed.

Have a great week!!
Becky

No comments: