Thursday, May 13, 2010

Did someone say road trip?


Good Afternoon All~

I've been in a funk since Cody's Eagle ceremony. I loved how the ceremony turned out, but haven't had the ambition to do anything since that day. I think I just needed a couple of days to do nothing. Well ~I've done nothing for the last 3 days & now I'm mad at myself for not doing anything. I know I probably just needed to "chill", but it's hard to get over the fact that I wasted 3 days. Oh well~enough whining!! I decided to get out of the house & shop today. And boy did I ever shop!! I visited one of my favorite quilt shops~Primitive Gatherings in Menasha. To check out Lisa's website click here. So my mom and I went off to see who could do the most damage to the pocketbook.


I just had to buy the newest book~ Summer Gatherings. What a wonderful book. There is a project in this book for everyone.


Kits to go with the book~3 pin cushions & a house sampler.



Another pattern & kit~stitchery with wool applique.


 More patterns & a couple of balls of Valdani thread. Two of these were older patterns & were 50% off.


There was a kit there for a beautiful basket quilt, but I had to leave it behind because I have way too many unfinished quilt kits already. I may have to go back for it though. I can't stop thinking about how nice it would look on my bed.

With all these goodies, guess who won in the most spent contest. Not me!! Mom beat me out for that honor. She will be joining in with all those "crazy ladies" making a wool crazy quilt. It will be beautiful when she is finished.

I'm feeling much better now. I'm not sure if it was the road trip or finally getting to see the sun after 3 days of rain.

Have a great rest of the week & enjoy the weekend.

Hugs~Becky




2 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Becky, now and then one just has to have some down time to regroup!
And then SHOP! It's just what we women do - and we do it well...lol

Karen

Gayle said...

Lucky you to live close enough to visit Lisa's shop! She came to Utah and did a class and trunk show a couple years ago and I really enjoyed meeting her and seeing all her wonderful projects!