Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flea Market Treasures and a Redo

Happy Wednesday!

I'm finally getting around to showing my goodies from my travels this weekend. I went rummaging with my friend Linda for a little while on Saturday. Sunday was spent at the antique & flea market in Elkhorn. I got this new cubbie on Sunday & I just love it. Sorry the pic is a little cruddy. I should have taken pics at night when the sun wasn't pouring in the window. I will share more  pics later when I have it all decorated & in it's home.


I have always liked the look of old mashers & decided it was time to start a collection on them. I bought 3 to start. I could have gone crazy because they were everywhere, but decided 3 was a good start. I also bought a small oil can ($2~for a punch needle project) and an old tin cup for $1. The cup will probably become a mini planter. I also bought a wood bowl for $2, but forgot to take a picture of it.


These 3 smalls came from my rummaging. The candle holder was $1, little vase 10 cents, & the lantern was $1.


More rummage items. The lady was packing up & told us to take what we wanted. She was taking it all to the thrift store & said take it all if we wanted. I got this wonderful little lamp & 2 picture frames that will probably house a cross stitch project or little wool project. Free!! I love free stuff!!


This basket come from the local thrift shop. I loved the size and shape of it, but wasn't so happy with the finish. So after a base coat of antique gold & a top coat of brown paint & of course some stain slapped on top of it all~


I ended up with the finished basket. I just love how it turned out!!


Well, I'm off to visit some blogs I love & then I need to do something. I have the day off & want to get something accomplished. I've been spending a little too much time on the computer lately. LOL

Have a wonderful day!!
Becky

No comments: